HAPPY BIRTHDAY! From The fruits of you Labors

We are all thinking of you on this your day.  Given the constraint of you being on the other side of the world, we collectively and individually worked to bring together those thoughts, feelings, images, and expressions of love, faith, and testimony that you have so dilligently and lovingly cultivated in each of us.  As you can see here some of the fruits of your labors and truly the harvest is great. 

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

From Abram


 I think that it is pretty great that we get to share monumental birthday years, I doubt either of us will ever quite feel or act our ages. I am sitting in our apartment in Canada, thinking of you and hoping that you are relaxing  and enjoying well deserved "P-days" snorkeling in the Gulf of Thailand. 

Wherever you are and however you spend your birthday and every day of your life I want you to know how much I love you.  As I grow older and hopefully wiser, I am all the more impressed with your dedication, love, passion, idealism, and dedication to the gospel.  The people of Cambodia I am sure feel of of the great spirit you bring.   Even though they may not understand everything you share with them they will be touched by something greater than words.  In that sense your missionary work is similar to the way I experienced your teaching throughout the years. The thing that spoke louder than all of the stories, costumes, analogies, and examples was the spirit that accompanied your testimony.  That spirit is what has and will keep me in the right way. That spirit testifies of Christ. testifies, of truth, and bolsters faith, hope, and charity.  

I am eternally indebted to you for being a witness and example of faith and testimony.  You were and are a servant of the Lord who carries His spirit.  Through you and because of you; seeds of faith were planted, nourished, and patiently cared for.  I have a testimony that Christ lives, and that this life is but a small moment of a life that will be eternal because of Christ's atonement.  My greatest hope is that I can live that eternal life with Him and with all of my family.  That hope and perspective is the essence of everything that is important to me.  

So mother, thank you for all that you are.  Take today and rest--take several days--and know that you are loved and appreciated for who you are and all the work and service you render. Happy Birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment